Early registration discount ends Friday, October 12th.
New types of spaces, facility features, and design elements are now mandatory for student recruitment, engagement, learning, teamwork, fabrication, discovery, industry partnerships, and for long-term facility viability.
Make sure your key project planners, implementers, and academic program and financial stakeholders attend this conference to benchmark your institution’s plans and learn how others are achieving the TEN required capital project outcomes for state-of-the-art science and engineering facilities:
- Program recruitment and enrollment growth
- Active learning and project-based education
- Advanced technology maker space and entrepreneurship hubs
- The convergence of science and engineering disciplines and space
- Visual connections and a culture of collaboration and interaction
- Shared physical and financial resources
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- Widespread flexibility and adaptability
- New types of student gathering and informal learning space
- Modernized lab/lab support ratios and space allocation metrics
Attend this conference to learn the new metrics, layouts, features, costs, design decisions, and rationales that deliver on these successful outcomes and set your institution up for success including:
- Renovation, reuse, and repurposing of outdated facilities
- Decisions on renovation vs. building new
- Mixed engineering and science program space
- Active learning studios and flipped classrooms
- Maker space: Design, prototyping, and display space
- New classroom configurations, capacity analysis, flexibility features, and furniture
- Effective social and informal learning space
- “Startup and innovation” space for student entrepreneurship
- Increased support space and less assigned space
- Facility features for recruitment and retention
- Shared core scientific equipment and research lab space
- High-growth robotics, bioengineering, and computational space
- Student-faculty interaction and undergraduate research space
- Highly specialized science and engineering labs
- Open offices and workspace for researchers, faculty, and students
- Building systems, technology, and equipment for reduced energy use and sustainability
- New sustainable and flexible lab equipment and technology
- Capital project planning and management: Prefab construction, IPD, performance contracting, etc.
Make this a key planning event to get your project stakeholders (capital project people, facility planners, facility engineers, consulting architects and engineers, science and engineering program chairs, deans, and faculty members, financial officers, and operations managers) on the same planning page with respect to the details, numbers, processes, and expectations. Consulting architects and engineers must register with their clients.
PLUS! This special pre-conference course on November 14th:
The Fundamentals of Planning and Design of University Labs and MEP Systems
PLUS! Tour these outstanding local science and engineering teaching and research facilities!
University of California San Diego, Biological and Physical Sciences Building
San Diego State University Engineering and Interdisciplinary Sciences Complex
Southwestern College, Math, Science, and Engineering Building
If you would like to participate as an exhibitor or sponsor, or would like updates on the conference as they become available please email Marketing@TradelineInc.com or call (925) 254-1744 x 119.
Who should attend?
Conference registration is open to those employed at universities, colleges, and junior colleges, and their invited project teams including project managers, facility planners, lab planners, space planners, campus architects, facility engineering and operations managers, academic science, technology, and engineering deans, faculty, and research program administrators. Consulting architects and engineers must register with their client project team. Pre-conference courses are open regardless of affiliation. All paid attendees of the pre-conference courses may register for full conference regardless of affiliation.