Submitted comments from past participants:
- Best training program I have ever attended.
- Jeffrey and Michael are extremely knowledgeable. They have given us great insight and understanding to planning these facilities.
- Very informative. Good discussion points and interactions with the group.
- Lessons learned very helpful.
- Very informative and detailed presentation. I feel I am coming away prepared to ask the right questions of our designers and maintenance programs.
- Overall excellent…good audience participation, tons of good information, excellent book as handout.
- Great job!
- Great training!
- Very informative! A lot to take in, but totally worth all day!!
- Excellent speakers and presentation material!
- Enjoyed the fact that it was basic enough in its approach for those of us that are new to animal research.
- Great overview of animal and BSL-3 facilities…an eye opener!
- Very knowledgeable speakers.
- Very easy to follow. Presenters are very knowledgeable. Well done – appreciated sharing of past experiences.
- Very good presentations and appropriate topics! Thanks!
- The logistics of the program were great and it was run well. Overall very good fundamentals class. - Pleased with the content and presentation.
- Very good info for an inexperienced person.
- Great overview of the material – very knowledgeable of the topic.
- A job well done by speakers. Provided very clear feedback to group.
- Very good speakers with practical experience. Will definitely recommend.
- Well done! Great presentation
What you will learn:
Participants will come away with a basic understanding of the terminology, concepts, processes, standards, numbers, types of equipment, and furniture (as applicable) involved in the planning and design of animal research labs and support space including related mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those involved in the planning, design, construction, or operation of animal research laboratories including project managers, architects, facility engineers, construction engineers, facility managers, facility planners, biosafety professionals, EH&S personnel, veterinarians, and researchers employed at colleges and universities, medical facilities, pharmaceutical facilities, A/E/C firms, government health centers, and public health labs.
Space is limited and enrollment is subject to approval.
$1,140 Fundamentals Course only
$1,000 with registration to the two-day conference Sept. 30 - Oct. 1
(Fees include course materials, continental breakfast refreshment breaks, and lunch)
This session will be held in the Atlantic 2/3 Ballroom.