Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. (LBRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It is the only FFRDC dedicated to biomedical research. Through its status as an FFRDC, FNLCR provides NCI and others with a unique national resource to accelerate the development and delivery of effective preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic products for cancer and AIDS. For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate, Leidos Biomed, is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
The Construction Administrator is responsible for: 1) monitoring assigned construction projects performed by subcontractors, 2) compliance by subcontractors approved plans, specifications, safety guidelines and standards, 3) checking the equipment, material, and supplies, 4) written approval to subcontractors, 5) reviewing technical data for change orders submitted, 6) providing daily project status reports, 7) conducting construction progress meetings, and 8) providing relevant data on subcontractors performance to the project manager.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university in engineering or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of five (5) years of construction experience including one (1) year in the capacity of a construction superintendent
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical, piping, HVAC, architectural, etc. drawings
- Experience in auditing construction projects for compliance to specifications
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to conduct progress meetings and resolve conflicts arising on the job site
- Experience with OSHA standards and sound construction safety practices
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, piping, HVAC, architectural) drawings
- Previous experience with laboratory construction and renovations with complex HVAC systems on projects in excess of $5M
- Dedicated training in safety and familiarity with OSHA-compliant construction operations
In interested, please apply on-line: http://jobs.leidos.com/ShowJob/Id/630132/Construction-Administrator-622540-(NCI)/.