Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. (LBRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It is the only FFRDC dedicated to biomedical research. Through its status as an FFRDC, FNLCR provides NCI and others with a unique national resource to accelerate the development and delivery of effective preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic products for cancer and AIDS. For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
The Cost Estimator is responsible for: 1) estimating projects for the facility, 2) developing cost estimates, 3) establishing the cost and schedule baselines, 4) evaluating and determining the desired type of estimate, 5) preparing estimates in accordance with estimating standards, 6) validating estimates prepared by others, 7) coordinating outsourced pricing and estimates, and 8) working independently to develop estimates based on a variety of input from Project Managers/Engineers.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to engineering, business or construction management or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to education requirement, a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Ability to demonstrate, identify, inputs and analyze data required and/or data sources for cost estimates
- Experience in documenting cost analysis results and creating a formal presentation to the customer
- Ability to prepare a written document that explains the estimate approach and elements, allowing decision-makers to make informed choices
- Ability to prepare cost results, analyze, and explained as well as alternatives considered during the estimate development
- Knowledge of procedures regarding estimating process to ensure consistent, accurate estimates are prepared
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel/Word/Outlook
- Working knowledge of electronic spreadsheet and database programs (Excel, Access)
- Experience with Means-based estimating and estimating software tools, such as CostWorks to derive construction costs
- Knowledgeable in the Principles of Finance, Budgeting and/or Project Management
If interested, please apply on-line: http://jobs.leidos.com/ShowJob/Id/630127/Construction-Cost-Estimator-622554-(NCI)/.