Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. (LBRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It is the only FFRDC dedicated to biomedical research. Through its status as an FFRDC, FNLCR provides NCI and others with a unique national resource to accelerate the development and delivery of effective preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic products for cancer and AIDS.
For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME), of Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc., is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for: 1) communication, coordination, planning, design details, and technical criteria associated with the management of a project, 2) working with user groups and Architecture & Engineering firms (A&E) to create drawings and specifications, 3) demonstrating accountability for the project's performance, 4) clarifying of project scope and design, resultant change orders, coordination and communication with project requestors, minimal move-in problems, accurate records and status reports, and ensuring organization and continuity throughout the life cycle of the project, 5) working with Project Controls to develop and present progress reports, keep track of requests for changes and verify their inclusion in project designs, 6) monitoring budget and status of work with contracted firms; working closely with A&E to confirm that users and FME are satisfactorily represented, 7) coordinating drawing reviews, evaluating submittals and shop drawings for agreement with construction documents, 8) developing Program of Requirements with user groups and Engineering Department.
- Possession of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in engineering or science related field or four (4) years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluate for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to education requirement, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management
- Construction experience in all levels of construction management, preferably as a Project Manager
- Demonstrated leadership in planning, prioritizing & scheduling work
- Thorough knowledge of design and construction activities as related to research/institutional facilities, with an emphasis on renovation as well as new construction
- Knowledge of OSHA construction industry standards and sound construction safety practices
- Understanding of contracts management with the ability to read and understand contract requirements and effectively negotiate terms and change requests
- Previous experience with NIH governed design and construction
- PMI certification
If interested, please apply on-line: http://jobs.leidos.com/ShowJob/Id/630138/Senior-Project-Manager-(FME)-622547-(NCI)/.