The University of Houston in Houston, TX, is currently seeking a Director of Space Planning & Analysis to serve as the Division of Academic Affairs’ principal officer with respect to evaluating the utilization of, and needs for, academic space on campus, including research space, classroom space, and facilities renovation/expansion projects proposed by the UH colleges. The University of Houston is a public university of 42,000 students, 14 colleges, and annual research expenditures of $140 million. The university campus includes 126 buildings on 550 acres.
- Develops and manages a system for analyzing the utilization of instructional, research and office space in academic facilities on campus.
- Develops space utilization performance metrics and reports that assist university leadership in making planning decisions and resource allocations concerning space.
- Develops projections for academic and research space needs based on forecast growth in student enrollment, faculty and staff.
- Defines the elements of and evaluates college proposals for facilities renovation and expansion projects to ensure that they align with the academic goals of the institution and are reasonable / appropriate in terms of resource requirements, square footage, and scope of work.
- Collaborates with the colleges and Registrar’s Office to ensure that the utilization of instructional space optimizes classroom usage, semester credit hour generation, and the availability of classes for students in order to promote timely graduation.
- Collaborates with the colleges, the Division of Research, and the Division of Administration and Finance on facilities projects involving the renovation and construction of academic and research facilities to ensure they reflect the priorities and expectations of the Provost and deans.
- Serves as the Academic Affairs representative in campus master planning activities to ensure that they reflect the academic goals of the university.
- Manages space planning and analysis staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, preferably in Architecture or a related planning discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
For more information or to apply, please visit the University of Houston website at https://jobs.uh.edu/ and search for Job Posting #S003668 (https://jobs.uh.edu/postings/27671). Please also submit a cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting, a current resume, a completed UH application including salary history, and 3 work references.
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.