The Scientific and Support Equipment Specialist is responsible for: 1) independently coordinating warranty repair service, time and material repair service and service maintenance agreement services with internal requestors and outside vendors related to scientific, office and/or facility equipment, 2) negotiating best value for repair services, 3) providing guidance to end users to determine if there is a need for a service contract, 4) retaining a complete record of all maintenance and repair transactions and, 5) ensuring that service contracts are created, modified and/or cancelled in a timely manner.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Two (2) years related work experience, including experience with scientific laboratory equipment/environment
- Ability to purchase items in accordance with standard purchasing procedures and contractual regulations
- Aptitude for negotiating pricing, terms, and delivery of specified items
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with or in support of a government scientific facility
- Experience with Maximo and Costpoint
- Procurement experience
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. (LBRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It is the only FFRDC dedicated to biomedical research. Through its status as an FFRDC, FNLCR provides NCI and others with a unique national resource to accelerate the development and delivery of effective preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic products for cancer and AIDS.
The breadth of FNLCR’s activities spans the research and development spectrum, including investigator-initiated, hypothesis-driven research into cancer and AIDS; advanced technology programs focused on genetics and genomics, proteins and proteomics, imaging, nanotechnology, bioinformatics, and laboratory animal sciences; clinical operations in support of NCI and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)-sponsored clinical trials, as well as NCI drug discovery and development efforts; and management and operations of biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing programs under current Good Manufacturing Practice conditions for NCI and NIAID. Administrative, procurement, financial, safety, and facilities support is provided to these R&D activities through state-of-the-art business processes. LBRI has approximately 1,900 employees and manages an annual operating budget of approximately $450M.
For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.