Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 24,600 megawatts of generation, 12,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,455 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 949 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves utility and retail energy customers in 12 states.
Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate.
Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent. An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company-it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Certain positions at Dominion may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
Dominion East Ohio (DEO) seeks one Class A CDL Fitter Operator (Vacuum Truck Department) to perform skilled duties as part of a crew, related to the distribution of gas.
May be assigned individual functions. May direct lower classification personnel.
- Learns to operate all Vacuum Truck vehicles and equipment.
- Works under the direction of a Vacuum Truck Specialist or a Vacuum Truck Technician
- Performs various duties related to Vacuum Truck activities.
- Must become familiar with Dominion safety procedures & standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Learns to perform routine maintenance on all tools and equipment.
- Completes necessary documents (individual documentation only) within this classification.
While the work schedule will initially be 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, there is a possibility of working other shifts Monday through Friday. Candidates must have that flexibility. Will work rotating call outs which could involve weekends and/or off shifts. Must have availability to work some extended days.
Expectation is to live within reasonable commuting distance of DEO's Eastern-Randall Shop in Cleveland
This position will not provide paid relocation assistance.
This position is subject to random drug testing.
Required (Please make sure your resume reflects how you meet any of the following requirements):
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in the hydro-excavation or utility excavation or gas construction field.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with Air Brake and Tanker endorsement
- Must have knowledge and experience with all excavation tools.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work with others.
- Must be willing to travel out of his/her normally assigned work area and work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work shifts.
- Must have an acceptable attendance and work record
- Overnight stay may be required.
- Must be reasonably available for emergency call out
- Must be able to walk approximately 160 feet, carrying a 90 pound jackhammer. Must be able to carry a tool bucket and fire extinguisher. A physical ability test will be administered as part of the interview process.
- Once hired, candidate must maintain Construction & Maintenance Department operator qualifications
1) Operator Qualifications (OQ) certification Natural Gas
2) Basic computer knowledge
3) Working knowledge of standard gas fittings and tools is a plus.
Other required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
1) Ability to complete the necessary paperwork associated with this position;
2) Must possess a thorough knowledge of all standard fittings and tools relevant to the job;
3) Must have the aptitude for fitting work and operating necessary tools and equipment including backhoes, trenchers, light equipment, tapping equipment, boring equipment, leak detection equipment, dew point hygrometer etc.;
4) Must have knowledge of, and comply with, construction and maintenance procedures and safety regulations.