Located in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine, The Jackson Laboratory is a leading global genetics research institute that is growing and seeking talented individuals to join the team.
The Jackson Laboratory is currently seeking a Facilities Space Planner reporting to the Senior Director, Facilities Services. The successful candidate will work with faculty, staff, Facilities Management, and administration regarding space utilization and space planning as part of an integrated strategic planning process to support the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives. Additional responsibilities include coordination of physical moves and relocations of staff, departments, laboratories, and other organizational units along with managing archival and record enterprise Facilities data and construction documents including as-built drawings, site utility maps, campus maps, leases, deeds, and other physical plant related data.
- Manage, maintain and update a complex computerized asset management system, as well as develop and maintain internal space standards, policies, and procedures for space assignment and utilization
- Collaborate with Engineering and other Facilities Services departmental staff to provide alternatives and recommendations to Facilities Management for reassignment and repurposing of space to meet established space standards and evolving program requirements
- Conduct studies, research and compile data, and prepare comprehensive ad-hoc reports and recommendations which will be the basis for campus planning, capital improvements, and long range master planning activities
- Bachelors’ degree in architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning, Business Administration or related technical field with 3-5 years related experience in space planning, utilization and administration or equivalent directly related applied experience
- Knowledge, skill and ability to manage computer-based facilities and space management systems; Previous AutoCad and Archibus experience a plus, ability to become proficient in AutoCad and Archibus applications within 180 days to hire required;
- Strong, analytical, organizational, and time management skills, with exceptional planning, leadership, decision- making and negotiation skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and effectively work will all levels of a diverse organization
For complete consideration, please submit resume and cover letter as one document.