Req Number 42940BR
Job Title Director of Space and Capital Planning (MSP IV)
Job Code and Payroll Title 0245 DIRECTOR (FUNC AREA)
Department Name Campus Planning
Work Days Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Shift Length 8 Hours
The Director of Space and Capital Planning position provides key leadership in UCSF Campus Planning to direct the planning of UCSF’s capital and space strategies to identify and address space and facilities needs to support its mission. This entails a wide range of activities including needs assessment, space program development and alternatives analyses, facilitation of capital/space solutions and approvals, project documentation, capital plan and policy development and management of the capital and space planning staff in the department. This position must manage the seamless interface with the Physical Planning and Space Analytics units within Campus Planning, as well as key business relationships with academic and business departments in the campus and UCSF Health.
Campus Planning provides professional planning services that guide the physical development of the campus and assists in strategic development and improvements of buildings and space to support UCSF's mission of research, teaching, health care, and public service.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Architecture, Interior Design or related field and least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in facilities planning and space planning and budgeting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Technical expertise in assessing space needs and alternative solutions for those needs
• Knowledge of building design and construction is essential
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint applications), and familiarity with database applications, especially in space and building design
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including facilitation, management and supervision
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, persuasive and analytical, including ability to communicate concepts to lay audiences
• Reliable and responsive in following through on tasks, and in directing others to execute work plans on schedule
• Comprehension of physical, programmatic, financial and political systems in large, complex organizations
• Ability to work well within the highly bureaucratic, yet fluid environment of UCSF
• Team player and work collaboratively with other Campus Planning staff and other University staff
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Ability to facilitate solutions to planning problems with multiple constituencies, and build successful working relationships with tact and diplomacy
• Familiarity with the policies and procedures of the University of California and UCSF systems for approving and implementing capital projects
• Expertise in higher education resource planning and funding strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
To apply for this position, please log onto http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/ and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following: 1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae 2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
Job Reference Code: