This position is responsible for implementing all UNLV School of Medicine space planning initiatives on behalf of Office of the Chief of Staff and Dean of the School of Medicine. As the Director of Space Management, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic space plans to address emerging and ongoing School of Medicine, Research, and Clinical (practice plan) initiatives.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and ability to:
- Provide administration, training, and review of the annual Departmental Space Review Surveys for the various School of Medicine areas which includes the assignment of education, clinical, researchers, grant, and administrative staff space.
- Coordinate faculty and staff relocations during new construction and renovation of UNLV and external buildings, as well as requests for space for new faculty, clinical office and research space.
- Maintain the medical Space Inventory database that integrates data from multiple data sources used to prepare space allocation and resource reports and statistical analyses for UNLV, NSHE, and legislative needs.
- Provide administration of the school of medicine ARCHIBUS Space Management System. Responsible for updating data within the ARCHIBUS Space Management software that tracks all campus space.
- Manage the School of Medicine Office of Space Management. Coordinate activities and information between School of Medicine and UNLV space management in an effective and efficient manner.
We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills, experience in statistical database management, negotiation expertise, and a background in managing and allocating space such as facilities planning, pre-design activities, construction and estimating, and use of a space management database such as Archibus for a higher education or similar institution.
This position requires a Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and 5 years of related professional experience in facilities management, post-secondary education facilities inventory classification, and computerized database management systems. As a finalist, you may be subject to a background check.
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates' materials will begin January 16, 2017, and best consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date. Materials should be addressed to Edward Simanton, Search Committee Chair, and are to be submitted via on-line application at https://hrsearch.unlv.edu/. For assistance with UNLV's on-line applicant portal, contact UNLV Employment Services at (702) 895-3504 or email@example.com.