The University of Houston in Houston, TX, has an immediate opportunity in the Office of Institutional Planning & Analysis for an Executive Director, Academic Space Planning and Analysis. Reporting to the Associate Provost, the Executive Director will serve as the principal facilities officer for the Division of Academic Affairs, which includes the Office of the Provost and the university’s 16 academic colleges, professional schools and libraries. The Executive Director will have broad responsibility for evaluating and making recommendations about the utilization of academic space on campus (e.g., classrooms, laboratories, offices); coordinating facilities renovation and expansion projects in the UH colleges; and participating in university-wide facilities planning activities (e.g., campus master planning). The University of Houston enrolls approximately 43,000 students and generates $151 million in research expenditures annually. UH is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a Research University with Very High Research Activity.
- Develop and manage a system for analyzing the utilization of instructional, research and office space in academic facilities on campus.
- Develop space utilization performance metrics and reports that assist the Provost and other campus leaders in making planning decisions and resource allocations concerning space.
- Work with the colleges and Registrar’s Office to ensure that course scheduling and classroom scheduling optimize the utilization of instructional space, credit hour generation, and the availability of classes for students in order to promote timely graduation.
- Evaluate college proposals for facilities renovation and expansion to ensure that they align with the academic goals of the institution and are reasonable/appropriate in terms of resource and square footage requirements.
- Serve as the Academic Affairs representative on college facilities projects executed by the Office of Facilities Planning & Construction.
- Work collaboratively with the Division of Research on facilities projects involving the renovation and construction of laboratories to ensure they reflect the priorities and expectations of the Provost and deans.
- Serve as the Academic Affairs liaison to the Office of Facilities Planning & Construction in campus master planning, capital construction planning, and deferred maintenance planning to ensure that these activities reflect the academic goals of the university.
- Requires a directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred, preferably in Architecture or a related planning discipline.
All candidates must complete an application through the University of Houston website at https://jobs.uh.edu/ for Job Posting #S004279
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression