Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. Facilities Manager, 633115
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. (LBRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It is the only FFRDC dedicated to biomedical research. Through its status as an FFRDC, FNLCR provides NCI and others with a unique national resource to accelerate the development and delivery of effective preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic products for cancer and AIDS.
For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Manages the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities.
- Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion
- May have responsibility for establishing and overseeing health and safety standards. - Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Experience include exposure in cGMP environment as related to the maintenance and operations of critical utilities, process and analytical equipment
- Ability to translate program requirements into work orders; coordinates renovations; coordinates requirements or activities and vendor staff
- Ability to diagnose and repair malfunctions on a wide variety of electronic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical instruments
- Experience budgeting principles; daily monitoring the department budgets; capital equipment, materials, service contracts, sales
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written needed to communicate with contractors, scientific personnel and internal maintenance shops
- Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Ability to routinely lift and carry up to 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and lead maintenance/calibration activities
- Experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with Computerized Calibration Management Systems (CCMS)
- Knowledge in Bio-pharma, cGMP or regulated environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and ability to analyze details and make critical decisions
- Dedicated training in safety and OSHA-compliant maintenance and construction operations
- Experience in safety practices in the trade
Leidos Biomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability