SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is seeking a talented individual who is looking for a leadership opportunity leading a growing practice with a tradition of excellence as the Science and Technology Studio Leader. He/she must be committed to design excellence, business development, thrive in an environment of collaboration and demonstrate a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial independence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for growing Practice Market Share and Net Revenue.
- Consistently coordinate and work with the Office and Practice Directors while providing leadership and management necessary for the development and growth of the studio consistent with SmithGroupJJR’s strategic themes of: growing the firm, building expertise and designing holistically.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to consistently win work and assist teams in profitably delivering design excellence and client satisfaction.
- Maintain relationships with past clients and develop relationships with current/new clients.
- Work with the Office Director and the Director of Operations to ensure that marketing and sales budgets, revenue and project performance targets are achieved and that studio issues are resolved.
- Work closely with Business Development, Marketing and Discipline leaders to effectively market and grow our services.
- Provide leadership and be actively involved in projects through all phases, from initial client contacts through marketing pursuits, sales efforts, contract negotiations, project kick-off, feasibility studies, strategic planning, master planning, programming, conceptual studies, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, bidding and award, construction administration, move-in, follow-up and on-going client relationship maintenance.
- Consistently exhibit and demonstrate a commitment to SmithGroupJJR core values – Collaboration, Creativity, Community, Integrity and the Environment.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives in concert with corporate practice and office objectives.
- Develop and implement studio budget in concert with the office budget.
- Work with discipline leaders and staff assuring the technical, administrative and schedule targets are met.
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations in concert with the Office Leadership Committee of significant impact on the Office’s primary activities, strategic objectives, guidelines, quality, standards and principles.
- Lead/coordinate communication efforts within assigned studio and between other studio leadersand national practices.
- Participate in recruiting, performance management and career development of staff.
- Participate in national practice forums, and presentations at regional and national conferences.
- Contribute to thought leadership initiatives that support the Science and Technology Practice and Studio.
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills in the pursuit of work.
- The ability to demonstrate effectiveness and strong commitment to working in a team-based setting, delivering high client service and technical competence.
- Strong leadership abilities in the areas of team building, business development, professional and civic involvement.
- The ability to take responsibility and ownership to meet standards, budgets, schedules and deadlines.
- A high degree of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 10+ years related experience preferred and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the A/E Industry.
- Registration or licensure in relevant field; LEED AP preferred.
- Ability to travel 35-50%.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.