Space & Facilities-School Of Medicime
- Responsible for the coordination and management of space administered by the School of Medicine (SOM) and supports its education, research, and service missions.
- Serves as the point of contact and coordination for professional space where faculty, staff, and student reside, including clinical sites.
- Directs and manages the processes and projects to ensure accurate representation of SOM space, including surveys and space walks.
- Provides continuous improvement on SOM space management program, including policies and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitates the support and advancement of information technology systems for space management, space reporting, and space visualization.
- Implements an online space request system to allocate and manage research space for quicker review and approval by the Space Committee.
- Partners with other units and organizations, including Grady and Space Planning and Construction leadership at Emory University, in the planning, acquisition, renovation, and management of SOM space.
- Partners with University Real Estate and SOM leadership to manage SOM leased space.
- Manages agenda and minutes for Space Committee meetings.
- May hire, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and three years of experience in facilities and space management.
- Degree in architecture, engineering, or a facility management program, such as Urban Planning, with experience in a research/academic environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency with Excel and report writing required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with teams.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to work successfully across multiple organization units.
Job Reference Code: