Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran, Inc. is seeking an Animal Facility Specialist II to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of an Animal Facility Specialist II for the NIH, Animal Care Project (LARC 11). These responsibilities include all activities required for the proper care and maintenance of on-site animals.
The function of the Animal Facility Specialist II is to ensure that staff assigned to each position is trained and proficient in such a way that the work is accomplished in accordance with SOPs, policies and guidelines associated with the expectations of their position. This person is expected to be familiar with the day-to-day activities, personnel and issues within the facilities. We expect the Animal Facility Specialist II to be forward thinking and create and assist in developing plans to enhance the learning abilities and performance of the staff working on this contract. The Animal Facility Specialist II must possess strong verbal communication and teaching skills. The Animal Facility Specialist II will assist the Program Management in the efficient allocation of the budget, write and maintain reports and develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Government staff. .
Primary duties may include the following:
* Understands and follows all SOP's and Quality Assurance Standards.
* Possesses effective employee relations skills, treats employees in a fair and equitable manner.
* Provide a daily progress report to the Task Manager, including problems incurred in overseeing daily operations, solutions undertaken to correct problems, progress in accomplishing assigned duties, and suggestions for more efficient operation.
* Perform facility quality and safety inspections.
* Ensures supplies are kept at adequate levels.
* Trains new staff members on job duties and provide mentorship to ensure incumbents continue to meet expectations of the team.
* Leads by example in ways that exceeds the expectation of the staff.
* Serves as the person in charge in the absence of the Task Manager.
* Coordinates training schedules.
* Supervises area sanitation procedures.
* Prepares and submits required written records, charts, logs and inventories as requested by the Task Manager.
* Works weekend, holiday and after hours work as required to meet operational needs of the work site.
* Writes or assists with employee performance evaluations.
* Assists in training classes.
* Assists in interviewing potential applicants for open positions.
* Performs facility PM checks.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
*All employees are expected to perform their duties as assigned, arrive to work at 7:00 am and depart at 3:30 pm M-F. You may be required to work on the weekends as scheduled. The weekend hours are from 8:00 am to 12:00 am In addition you will be expected to work extra hours during an emergency situation or if any unexpected situations arise until work is completed
* College degree preferred
* Supervisory experience preferred
* LATg certification is required
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.