- Responsible for client management, cultivating new business opportunities, working with marketing to prepare presentations and participate in client interviews, and presenting information reflecting Flad's knowledge at regional and national forums.
- Provide project leadership and direction, collaborating with internal team members and consultants to deliver integrated projects on schedule and within budget at the required level of quality.
- Maintain project responsibility for planning exercises including planning issues, operational models, lab staffing, departmental relationships and programming parameters.
- Lead client and user groups, present ideas and solutions to clients, and provide oversight for programming, design, and documentation to ensure successful completion of state of the art research, testing, and teaching facilities.
- Associates degree in architecture, engineering, planning or related field required. Architecture degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of recent progressive experience focused on programming and planning on all phases of core laboratory designs, such as containment, clean rooms, imaging, vivariums, and simulation centers required. Background in academic, laboratory, academic medical or process planning preferred.
- Knowledge of codes and standards as related to laboratories, individual municipalities, State, IBC, ADA, ANSI, NFPA, NSF, cGMP, cGLP, etc. required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and the ability to develop computerized tools to support planning efforts required. Revit experience preferred.
- Professional registration preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.