Senior Project Manager - Special Projects - Facilities
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Senior Project Manager – Special Projects (SPM-SP) is responsible for delivering all assigned projects on time, within budget and aligned with campus strategies and initiatives. In general, it is expected that this position will provide timely delivery of signage, FF+E/furniture, door hardware, locks and keys, and move coordination for all projects assigned to the department.
This position will use their technical knowledge to support fellow project managers. They will demonstrate their understanding of campus policy, procedure and expectation by serving as a role model for other employees in all that they do.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in design, architecture, engineering, construction management or relevant discipline is required
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience as project manager in design, architecture, engineering and/or construction industry working with multi-disciplinary client teams
- Minimum of five (5) years as the Owner’s Project Representative on renovation, and/or relocation projects in a large institutional setting with direct experience on project programming, design development, scoping and estimating
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience coordinating and managing signage, furniture, door hardware and/or move services for a variety of project types
- Must complete training and demonstrate proficiency within one year of assignment for the following: MCPPO (Massachusetts Procurement Training) with demonstrated understanding of C149, C149A, and C30/39M regulations; LEED training; and ability to read, interpret and prepare CADD drawings
- Must possess valid OSHA10 certification within 6 months of assignment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Building Codes, BOCA Codes, and ADA regulations
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare CADD drawings and specifications
- Ability to prepare accurate cost estimates and budgets with reasonable speed
- Ability to work constructively with a wide range of technical, academic, administrative, and professional people
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and agencies
- Professional Master’s degree and/or complementary professional degree in architecture, design, engineering, construction, planning, landscape or related discipline helpful
- Professional education and/degree in interior design, space planning or related field
- Construction industry and/or project management related certifications or registrations such as Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Construction Supervisor, LEED, BIM, BOCE
- Experience with Massachusetts public procurement construction law is highly desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/493955/senior-project-manager-special-projects-facilities
Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.