Salary: $18.55 - $28.25
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) provides service within the VPFA (Vice President Finance & Administration) portfolio specific to four business functions: Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning, Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy, and the Office of Sustainability
• Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
• Transportation Services
• Printing and Mailing Services
This position will serve as the primary program representative for all FASS (Finance and Administration Shared Services) units including: IT, HR (Human Resources), and Business Operations. As the main point of contact for all incoming service requests, this position will focus its efforts on three core functions including: Program Representation, Program Documentation Maintenance, and Special Projects. The art of organizing and maintaining data processes to meet ongoing information life cycle needs highlights another important aspect of this position.
As the primary contact for all incoming service issues, this position will be responsible for making decisions involving program policy application, requester eligibility plus disseminating information for a diverse business partner (customer) base each having complex and technical requirements unique to their area. The knowledge required and impact of these decisions are sophisticated and include those related to life/safety and business critical operations, are often perplexing, and require effective analysis, problem solving, and interpretation against a variety of program regulations; including internal policies, university policies, specific unit polices, and more. Not only will these decisions effect service level agreements, but also pose safety and health risks due to the nature and diversity of our business partners and the technical services we provide them (listed above). Being able to apply troubleshooting methodology effectively and work independently to address obscure problems is necessary. This position will be determining program (service) eligibility and provide referrals if applicable in potentially urgent situations.
Program representation of the FASS department is an important aspect of this position, including regular communication with business partners and external constituents using a range of methods; from face to face to email and over the phone. Having a strong aptitude for advising and/or instructing program participants is essential as well understanding the obscure and in depth nature of the service we provide. This includes competency in addressing issues through multiple avenues including the FASS Catalog of Services and workflows which span across the breadth of the program; from finance to HR; IT to procurement and accounts payable.
Beyond interactions with a variety of internal departments, this position will interact with external departments and the community based on current projects and research.
This position is supervised and works in collaboration with the FASS Program Manager. This position may be required to speak on behalf of the Manager. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Two years of technical or professional-level experience advising and/or instructing the public concerning specific programs or processes, monitoring programs, or performing participant reviews.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Share knowledge with peers and customers through web portals and other electronic means
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service leading to high levels of customer satisfaction
• Maintain composure during stressful situations.
• Model effective organizational skills.
Exhibit strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• One year experience as a representative in a Customer Service, Service Desk or Help Desk role.
• One year experience serving in a diagnostic triage role for service requests.
• Experience authoring technical material.
• Experience with human resources, information technology, and/or procurement.
• Experience with work ticketing systems.
• Experience in a university or public service agency.