Salary: $15.49 to $23.01 per hour
Mailing Services is a unit within Finance and Administration Shared Services in the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA) portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
Finance and Administration Shared Services (FASS) provides service within the VPFA portfolio specific to four business functions: budget and finance, accounting and purchasing, human resources, and information technology. FASS is a unit within the Campus Services group in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning, Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy, and the Office of Sustainability
• Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency Management, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
• Transportation Services
• Printing Services
The purpose of the Mail Services Coordinator position is to coordinate the mailing processes of the US Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Federal Express and university intra-campus mail programs to meet the needs of the campus community and comply with the associated regulations. The incumbent will perform administrative functions for mailing operations, including data tracking, file management, and coordinating equipment maintenance. Additionally, the position is responsible for ensuring coverage and coordination of intra-campus mail delivery routes and serves as the point of contact for a variety of stakeholders including university customers, vendors, and external partners.
Interactions occur daily with the campus community and external vendors in the course of performing work and responding to issues. This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method, personnel and materials necessary to perform a particular task or to maintain required service levels. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the standards of Mailing Services.
Work is reviewed regularly by the Purchasing and Logistics Manager to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver's certification eligibility, which includes maintaining an Oregon driver’s license throughout employment in this position.
• Three years of office experience which include two years at full performance level and experience generating documents.
• Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
• Proficient written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service, and maintain good relationships with clients and vendors.
• Commitment to the highest standards of work quality and production.
• Experience operating computerized equipment and diagnosing problems.
• Experience with all mail classes including standard, non-profit, and periodicals.
• Experience processing FedEx and UPS shipping.
• Experience managing program resources and work/shift coverage.