Salary: $13.02 to $18.28 per hour
The University of Oregon Police Department (UOPD) is a community oriented and trust based policing agency within the University of Oregon. UOPD plays an integral role in the university community by providing a safe, secure, and welcoming environment. The mission is to foster a climate that encourages a free, open, and civil exchange of ideas in support of the educational, research, and public service goals of the University. The UOPD recognizes and promotes the value of multiculturalism and inclusiveness consistent with a spirit of responsible citizenship within an international community. The University of Oregon is a diverse and ever changing community. Constant efforts by the UOPD are necessary to partner with and educate the community to deter, reduce, and solve crimes as well as to resolve issues through modern policing.
The Office Specialist 1 position has a broad set of assignments while providing confidential assistance and professional administrative support to the Executive Coordinator and department administration. The successful candidate must possess a professional presence in representation of the UOPD. Work may include providing a variety of assistance with duties across organizational boundaries, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, reception, fingerprinting, research, and information gathering. It may also entail completing errands, lifting and transporting equipment or supplies , and responding to questions from vendors, the public, and campus community. This position may help facilitate non-urgent resolution of problems.
Interactions/contacts occur daily with the Executive Coordinator, student assistants and internal administration. This position will interact with vendors, the general public and the campus community in the course of performing work.
The person in this position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks requested. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed directly by the Executive Coordinator, Office of the Chief, to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
• Become a Notary Public within 1-year of hire.
• It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver's certification eligibility, which includes maintaining an Oregon driver’s license throughout employment in this position
• Must successfully pass an in-depth law enforcement background check.
• Must submit fingerprints to obtain FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) security clearance.
• Work requires lifting and carrying heavy objects and is expected to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
• This position works in an industrial setting and requires the ability to operate around vehicles, and occasionally lift heavy equipment and supplies.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Completion of courses or training in Office Technology;
• One year of general clerical experience which included typing, word processing, or other generation of documents;
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Maintain composure, staying calm and collected during stressful moments.
• Perform duties and manage time in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university, including meeting attendance standards for the department.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and following the task to completion.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Experience with highly sensitive confidential information.
• Experience representing a department in a professional environment.
• Experience with customer service.
• Experience engaging with a wide range of individuals from various backgrounds.
• Experience with Milestone System and procedures
• Experience with AMAG System and procedures
TO APPLY: Visit our website, create an account and submit a complete application.