Application Review Begins
July 16, 2019; position open until filled
Salary: $60,000 - $90,000 per year
Safety and Risk Services’ (SRS) mission is to collaborate with all campus constituents (students, staff, faculty, and visitors) and the surrounding community, to safeguard life and health and mitigate threats to the University’s core mission of academic excellence, research, and public service. Safety and Risk Services comprises Emergency Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Campus Mapping, Risk & Insurance, and the University of Oregon Police Department. SRS fulfills its mission by providing a variety of professional services, technical assistance, training, and regulatory oversight.
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Emergency Management and Continuity (EMC) and International Risk programs. The Manager is responsible for developing, administering, and evaluating program components including emergency preparedness, mitigation, response, business continuity, and recovery; as well as developing and managing new international risk related programs and procedures for travel that falls outside of the Study Abroad program. These activities occur in a highly decentralized environment and a comprehensive emergency management program requires collaborating with many campus and community partners.
The Manager oversees the annual operational budget of approximately $400,000 and recommends the hiring, firing, promoting, demoting, performance evaluations, transfers and/or disciplining of employees, as well as other personnel actions according to university policies and procedures. The Manager is expected to exercise independent judgement in managing the day to day operations of the Emergency Management & Continuity program.
• A Bachelor's degree with a primary focus in a related field (e.g, Planning and Public Policy, Political Science, International Studies, Emergency Management, Community or Regional Planning, etc) from an accredited four year university or college; AND
• Completion of the following Incident Command System (ICS) courses: 100, 200, 700, 800, AND
• Six years of related professional experience in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, and/or International Risk;
• A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or professional certifications.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing), team player and leader, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population of individuals.
• Demonstrated experience in making independent and sound judgments in fast-paced and complex environments.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to set priorities, take initiative, provide follow-up, and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Master’s degree with primary focus in a related field (e.g, Planning and Public Policy, Political Science, International Studies, Emergency Management, Community and Regional Planning, etc)
• Professional experience in emergency management or international risk at an institution of higher education
• Completion of one of the following position specific ICS courses (e.g, ICS 300, ICS 400, Planning Section, Operations Section) or the ability to complete both the 300/400 and one of the position-specific courses within two years of hire.
TO APPLY: Visit our website, create an account and submit a complete application. http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/524118/continuity-and-emergency-manager