Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 per year
Facilities Services is a unit within Campus Planning and Facilities Management in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. The units of CPFM strive to provide excellent customer service to the University of Oregon campus and operate with the highest professional standards, communicating and collaborating with customers to support the stewardship of the campus.
Facilities Services (FS) is responsible for the management of human, financial and material resources, the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures related to the operation, maintenance, repair and minor renovation of university buildings, grounds and infrastructure systems. These services provide the University of Oregon community with a safe, efficient, reliable, functional and aesthetically pleasing learning environment in support of the University’s mission and vision.
Custodial Services maintains a safe, sanitary, and aesthetically pleasing environment in order to enhance the learning experience.
Reporting to the Custodial Services Manager, the custodial supervisor is responsible for overseeing the cleaning of campus buildings. This includes overseeing a crew of twenty five or more custodians and coordinating and collaborating with customers, units and colleagues to create a clean, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment.
The custodial supervisor is responsible for making timely and informed decisions regarding purchases of supplies and equipment up to $1,500 per month.
• Two years of supervisory experience.
• One year of professional custodial experience.
• It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver's certification eligibility, which includes maintaining. an Oregon driver’s license throughout employment in this position.
• Provide leadership with the goal of optimizing organizational performance.
• Manage people in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university and promotes high employee morale.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective networks for problem solving and positive change.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Be receptive to feedback, improvement, willing to learn and embracing continuous change.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to generate documents; experience with Microsoft Outlook or other email client with skills sufficient to manage heavy email traffic.