Salary: $13.02 - $18.28
The Vivian Olum Child Development Center is a comprehensive program providing education and care for infants through elementary school-age children. The center’s mission is to serve the needs of university employees’ families by providing a foundation of experiences that foster growth and development of children and a safe and nurturing environment for children and families. The center consists of seven classrooms which collectively serve over 100 children each day.
The Vivian Olum Child Development Center is a unit within Campus Services in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
This position is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in planning and implementing an educational, developmental, full-day, child-care program for children 3 to 5 years of age. The employee will participate in planning the classroom curriculum, interact with children and parents, provide daily on-site supervision of student aides in the absence of a lead teacher, and contribute to maintaining the safety of the program.
• Must be teacher qualified for preschool/pre-k children.
• Must have clearance with the Child Care Division's Background Registry prior to the start of work.
• Must have, within 90 days of employment, First Aid, Infant/child CPR, food handler's card.
This job takes place in a facility constructed as a child-care center. This job requires bending, lifting up to 40 lbs, and sitting on the floor on a daily basis. The position duties include walks outside the building. There is frequent exposure to cleaning solutions such as disinfectant hand soap and sanitizing agents. The work environment may frequently include high noise and activity levels. There is frequent exposure to childhood illnesses.
The center is open 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday - Friday. Scheduled hours will fall within this time frame.
• A minimum of twenty semester hours (thirty quarter hours) of college courses in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Special Education; OR
• A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; OR
• One year of full-time experience in a certified day care center or comparable child care program.
If you are qualifying for this position based on work experience, your experience must be with preschool age children. If you are qualifying based on your college course work, please submit a transcript or list the applicable courses and credit hours. Courses must be from an accredited college or university.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in early childhood or related field.
• Experience in full-day child care environment.
• Attained step 8 on the Oregon Registry.