POSITION DESCRIPTION: FULL-TIME TEMPORARY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
UO Classification: Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Classification Number: T2316
Rate of Pay: $13.73 to $18.66 per hour
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The University of Oregon Vivian Olum Child Development Center is hiring multiple Full-Time Temporary Substitute Teacher positions to fill-in for Early Childhood Associate Teachers. These positions are on-going during the duration of COVID emergency child care.
The Full-Time Temporary Substitute Teacher will perform daily duties of regularly scheduled classroom teacher on an as-needed basis.
The responsibilities of an Early Childhood Assistant Teacher include assisting teachers in planning and implementing a play-based and developmentally appropriate full-day child-care program for children 3 months to 5 years of age. The employee will engage with children and parents, provide daily on-site supervision of student aides in the absence of a lead teacher, and contribute to maintaining the safety and continuity of the program.
- Must be teacher qualified for preschool/pre-k children.
- Must have clearance with the Child Care Division's Background Registry prior to the start of work.
- Must have, within 90 days of employment, First Aid, Infant/child CPR, food handler's card.
- A minimum of twenty semester hours (thirty quarter hours) of college courses in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Special Education; OR
- A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; OR
- One year of full-time experience in a certified day care center or comparable child care program.
If you are qualifying for this position based on work experience, your experience must be with infant/toddler through school age children. If you are qualifying based on your college course work, please submit a transcript or list the applicable courses and credit hours. Courses must be from an accredited college or university.
This job takes place in a facility constructed as a child-care center. This job requires bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, and sitting on the floor on a daily basis. The position duties include walks outside the building. There is frequent exposure to cleaning solutions such as disinfectant hand soap and sanitizing agents. The work environment may frequently include high noise and activity levels. There is frequent exposure to childhood illnesses.
Interactions with a variety of individuals will occur regularly during the course of performing work with Vivian Olum students, parents, and families.