Job no: 528309
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support, Human Resources
Department: Finance and Administration Shared Services
Classification: Administrative Program Spec
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $17.14 - $25.84 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes November 22, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for this position, please submit an application online that addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position.
Finance and Administration Shared Services (FASS) provides service within the VPFA portfolio specific to four business functions: budget and finance, accounting and purchasing, human resources, and information technology. FASS is a unit within the Campus Services group in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
The mission of the Shared Services Human Resources group is to provide centralized service, offering our expertise in a wide variety of functions including: acting as liaison to Central HR, staff and student recruitment, employee relations, workforce planning, training, and payroll administration. We are committed to provide superior customer service and create partnerships with our customers to ensure their needs are fulfilled to the highest standard.
FASS-supported units include:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning, Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy, and the Office of Sustainability
• Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
• Campus Services: Transportation Services, Printing Services, Vivian Olum Child Development Center, and FASS
Altogether, the units supported by FASS consist of more than 500 employees and a have budgets totaling more than $60 million.
The purpose of this position is to provide critical and confidential human resources support to all units supported by Finance and Administration Shared Services. This position will focus specifically on the coordination of staff recruitments, researching and analyzing employment practices, facilitating meetings, explaining policies and procedures, and assisting in the development of HR programs and services. The Recruitment Specialist may also provide administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the FASS-HR Unit.
The Recruitment Specialist routinely works with members of the campus community, students, employees, as well as members of the public.
The Recruitment Specialist works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently, exercising independent judgment and decision making on a daily basis. These decisions include initial evaluation of staffing needs, implementation of initiatives to solve problems, determination of best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task, setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed regularly by the managing supervisor to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
• Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations;
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of post-secondary education may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service.
• One-year experience in a human resources role
• Experience in staff recruitment
• Experience in the facilitation of meetings
• Experience working in a higher education setting
• Experience with MyTrack (or similar) talent management system
• SHRM or PHR Certification
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.