Job no: 528281
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades, Operations/Infrastructure
Department: Campus Planning & Facilities Management - Facilities Services
Classification: Trades/Maintenance Worker 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $13.73 - $19.51 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes October 14th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete online application.
Campus Planning & Facilities Maintenance (CPFM) supports a quality university experience through the operations, maintenance and cleaning of campus buildings, building-systems, utilities, equipment, and grounds. Our customers are the students, faculty, and staff of the university, campus visitors, and the employees of CPFM. We guide the development of the campus through the creation of buildings, open spaces, and plans that protect and continue the legacy we have inherited.
The purpose of this position is to provide coverage for Zone D on the University of Oregon Main Campus. The incumbent is responsible for a wide range of maintenance and repair activities in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting and mechanical. The incumbent is also responsible for general cleaning activities at each building in support of building maintenance and cleaning operations.
Maintenance and Repair (plumbing, carpentry, painting, mechanical, & supply inspection)
Interactions/contacts occur daily with the campus community in the course of performing work and responding to emergencies. This position may supervise students. This position does not have budgetary authority.
This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. Setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs are also common responsibilities.
Work is reviewed regularly by the Zone D Maintenance Manager to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
Work Schedule: Basic business hours.
• Ability to work with germicidal, sanitizing, and other cleaning products
• The equivalent combination of one year of facilities maintenance or custodial experience
• Experience with the use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
• Experience with basic carpentry and painting
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it
• Pay close attention to detail
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude
• Model the highest ethical standards
• Provide superior customer service
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Experience with basic preventive maintenance in commercial buildings
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.