Salary Range: $31,574 - $56,492
Performs duties in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of commercial and industrial electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Installs, maintains, alters, and repairs wiring, power appliances, light machinery and electrical circuits.
- Installs, maintains and repairs moderately complex electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Installs electrical fixtures and appliances.
- Locates and corrects power failures and short circuits.
- Performs electrical work on photoelectric cells, time clocks, electrical heaters, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors and traffic counters.
- Adjusts and cleans limit switches and warning devices.
- Makes emergency repairs to elevators, generators, and other electrical apparatus, appliances and equipment.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of electricity.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and operations of commercial and industrial electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of National Electrical Code.
- Considerable knowledge of the materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Working knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Skill in the use and care of electrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to distinguish differences in wire, cable colors, sizes and types.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
- Three or more years of experience as an electrician;
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies listed above.
- Incumbent must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License or capable of obtaining one within thirty days from the date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a seaport security background check and compliance for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and/or in case of emergencies.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and/or overnight travel will be expected.
Inside: 25% Outside: 75%
Work is performed primarily outdoors though the employee will be required to go into office. Employee will also be exposed to noise and vibration.
Vision and Hearing
Must be able to clearly see the computer monitor, and road (while driving) with or without corrected vision. Must be able to judge or distinguish distance and space relationships. Must be able to hear within a normal range with or without a hearing device.
Port Tampa Bay will require all new hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated before their employment can begin. Fully vaccinated is two full weeks after final vaccination shot.
Information provided will be subject to public inspection in accordance with the Florida Sunshine Law.Port Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.No Agencies Please