Planning and Design Architect
TreanorHL Higher Education Studio
The Higher Education Studio at TreanorHL is seeking an accomplished architectural planning and design professional to be a part of our dynamic and growing team in Dallas, TX. We are seeking an individual who is:
- Passionate about design and about the promise of higher education.
- A collaborative team member who is interested in the growth and development of all of our studio members.
- Committed to the idea that what matters the most is what we leave behind.
- Focused on being a complete resource for our higher education clients beyond architectural design.
- Seeking the opportunity in the future to be a principal in our dynamic, forward-thinking firm.
- Dedicated to life-long learning and growth as a design professional.
- A fun-loving team player who understands that life is a balance between personal and professional goals.
- Eager to help our team develop new skills that will ultimately benefit all of our clients.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Architecture
- 10+ years of experience dedicated to Planning and Design with 5+ years specific to Higher Education projects
- High Degree of Graphic Communication required: Hand Sketching, Revit, Sketchup, Enscape, Photoshop all preferred
- Ability to coordinate project teams, mentor and inspire staff, and collaborate well with others, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for communicating with higher education clients
- Flexible to travel as required
TreanorHL was recently named “An Outstanding Emerging Professionals Friendly Firm” by the AIA Central States Region. Our firm practices in specific market sectors and maintains offices in: Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Lawrence, Kansas; Topeka, Kansas; Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Boise, Idaho; and San Francisco, California. Our higher education team members are currently located in our Dallas and Lawrence offices, but we are open to supporting this position in any of our current office locations.
Our higher education team has provided planning and design services for projects ranging in size from small remodels and renovations to 300,000+GSF research facilities. We specialize in student life and science and technology projects but have a clear strategic goal to increase our expertise for other types of higher education projects. We act as the architect of record for most projects, and we team with other firms when necessary.
We are constantly trying to improve our planning and design capabilities so we can better serve the needs of the higher education community. Our improvement is based on expanding the expertise we currently have and adding additional expertise through the growth and development of our team. This position will be integral to the expansion of our team capabilities.
To be considered for this career opportunity, submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio via our website: https://www.treanorhl.com/careers
If you have any questions concerning this opening, email Careers@TreanorHL.com with Planning & Design Architect (Dallas, TX) in the subject line.
If you meet the requirements of the position, you are encouraged to apply! TreanorHL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local laws. We are an E-Verify Employer.