Performs skilled work involving repairs, maintenance and construction of buildings as well as maintenance of heavy equipment and passenger bridges.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Performs diverse tasks including but not limited to set up and break down for events at designated facilities; moving furniture; assembling cubicles; performing routine inspections. These tasks may require occasional adjusted schedules such as nights, weekends, holidays.
- Perform complex repairs, maintenances or new construction on port buildings, port tenant buildings and any other facilities.
- Preventative maintenance on heavy equipment, passenger bridges, water and sewer systems, fire pumps, generators, fire protection, electrical system, HVAC systems, etc.
- Job planning, material purchasing for complex projects and all safety related needs.
- Maintain and operate port heavy equipment, tools, vehicles, passenger bridges, etc.
- Performs mathematical calculations to prepare reports, complete work projects; acts as team leader on a project basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques used in construction trades.
- Skilled in two or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, painting
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holiday
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to considerable height.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle, heavy equipment and willing to be trained on the operation and maintenance of passenger loading bridges and boats.
- Ability to work in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions, high noise levels and around hazardous environment.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements:
- Completion of the tenth grade; and
- Three or more years of experience as a skilled trades worker in two or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, painting, or other skilled trades.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies listed above.
- Incumbent must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License or capable of obtaining one within thirty days from the date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a seaport security background check and compliance for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Moderate – Occasionally lifts and carry up to 50 pounds.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Non-standard hours. Normal work week is Saturday - Wednesday and hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm. Schedule may vary during cruise season.
Information provided will be subject to public inspection in accordance with the Florida Sunshine Law.
Port Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.