Job no: 527423
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades, Operations/Infrastructure
Department: Campus Planning & Facilities Management - Facilities Services
Classification: Trades/Maintenance Worker 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $13.73 - $19.51 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes May 24th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application. Complete applications must include an online application, a resume outlining how you meet minimum and preferred qualifications, and answers to the following supplemental questions:
1. Do you have one year of facilities maintenance experience? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
2. Do you have experience with the use and care of basic hand/power tools? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
3. Do you have experience with basic carpentry and painting? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
4. Do you have experience with basic preventative maintenance in commercial buildings? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. The units of CPFM strive to provide excellent customer service to the University of Oregon campus and operate with the highest professional standards, communicating and collaborating with customers to support the stewardship of the campus.
Facilities Services (FS) is responsible for the management of human, financial, and material resources and the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures related to the operation, maintenance, repair and minor renovation of university buildings, grounds and infrastructure systems. These services provide the University of Oregon community with a safe, efficient, reliable, functional and aesthetically pleasing learning environment in support of the University’s mission and vision.
This Trades Maintenance Worker 1 position provides support for all areas of campus covered by the University of Oregon Campus Facilities Services. The position is responsible for a wide range of maintenance and repair activities in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems as well as general support for Facilities Structures and Support, Electrical Shop, HVAC and Plumbing Shop.
Interactions and contacts occur daily with the campus community in the course of performing work and responding to emergencies.
This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed directly by the Structures and Support Manager to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This position will require a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain UO Driver’s Certification.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• One year of facilities maintenance experience.
• Experience with the use and care of basic hand tools and power tools.
• Experience with basic carpentry and painting.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and University.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem-solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Experience with basic Preventive Maintenance in Commercial Buildings.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised: May 10, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 24, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time