Salary Range: $41,288 - $73,840 annual
Performs supervisory or skilled duties in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of commercial and industrial electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Supervises or participates in the more difficult installation, alteration, repair and maintenance of commercial and industrial electrical systems, motors, generators, fixtures, appliances, and mechanical equipment.
- Supervises the work of subordinate by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Maintains and alters electrical systems.
- Locates and corrects power failures and motor trouble on bridges.
- Checks the performance of electrical work on photoelectric cells, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors, and traffic counters.
- Supervises the wiring of lighting control circuits and devices.
- Plans and estimates costs of electrical wiring and fixtures on construction projects.
- Installs, maintains and repairs moderately complex electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Installs electrical fixtures and appliances.
- Locates and corrects power failures and short circuits.
- Performs electrical work on photoelectric cells, time clocks, electrical heaters, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors and traffic counters.
- Adjusts and cleans limit switches and warning devices.
- Makes emergency repairs to elevators, generators, and other electrical apparatus, appliances and equipment.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of electricity.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and operations of commercial and industrial electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of National Electrical Code.
- Considerable knowledge of the materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Working knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Skill in the use and care of electrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to distinguish differences in wire, cable colors, sizes and types.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
- Four or more years of experience as an electrician to include one or more years as a lead worker;
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies listed above.
- Incumbent must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License or capable of obtaining one within thirty days from the date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a seaport security background check and compliance for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. During periods of emergencies, incumbent may be required to work in preparation, response or recovery activities related to the stated emergency.
Information provided will be subject to public inspection in accordance with the Florida Sunshine Law.
Port Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agencies Please