Job no: 528026
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades
Department: Campus Planning & Facilities Management - Facilities Services
Classification: Trades/Maintenance Worker 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $13.73 - $19.51 per hour
3 positions available
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes September 6th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application, including an online application, resume, and answers to the following supplemental questions:
1. Do you meet the following qualification: one year of facilities maintenance experience? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
2. Do you meet the following qualification: experience with the use and care of basic hand/power tools? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
3. Do you meet the following qualification: experience with basic carpentry and painting? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
4. Do you meet the following preferred qualification: experience with basic preventative maintenance in commercial buildings? If so, please provide a brief description, dates of employment, and title.
Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. The units of CPFM strive to provide excellent customer service to the University of Oregon campus and operate with the highest professional standards, communicating and collaborating with customers to support the stewardship of the campus.
Facilities Services (FS) is responsible for the management of human, financial, and material resources and the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures related to the operation, maintenance, repair and minor renovation of university buildings, grounds and infrastructure systems. These services provide the University of Oregon community with a safe, efficient, reliable, functional and aesthetically pleasing learning environment in support of the University’s mission and vision.
This Trades Maintenance Worker 1 position provides support for all areas of campus covered by the University of Oregon Campus Facilities Services. The position is responsible for a wide range of maintenance and repair activities in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems as well as general support for Facilities Structures and Support, Electrical Shop, HVAC and Plumbing Shop.
Interactions and contacts occur daily with the campus community in the course of performing work and responding to emergencies.
This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed directly by the Structures and Support Manager to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This position will require a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain UO Driver’s Certification.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• One year of facilities maintenance experience.
• Experience with the use and care of basic hand tools and power tools.
• Experience with basic carpentry and painting.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and University.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem-solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Experience with basic Preventive Maintenance in Commercial Buildings.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.