Salary Range: $15.18 - $27.16 hourly
Scope & Purpose:
Performs skilled work involving repairs, maintenance and construction of buildings as well as maintenance of heavy equipment and passenger bridges.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Performs diverse tasks including but not limited to set up and break down for events at designated facilities; moving furniture; assembling cubicles; performing routine inspections. These tasks may require occasional adjusted schedules such as nights, weekends, holidays.
- Perform complex repairs, maintenances or new construction on port buildings, port tenant buildings and any other facilities.
- Preventative maintenance on heavy equipment, passenger bridges, water and sewer systems, fire pumps, generators, fire protection, electrical system, HVAC systems, etc.
- Job planning, material purchasing for complex projects and all safety related needs.
- Maintain and operate port heavy equipment, tools, vehicles, passenger bridges, etc.
- Performs mathematical calculations to prepare reports, complete work projects; acts as team leader on a project basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques used in construction trades.
- Skilled in two or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, painting
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holiday
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to considerable height.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle, heavy equipment and willing to be trained on the operation and maintenance of passenger loading bridges and boats.
- Ability to work in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions, high noise levels and around hazardous environment.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements:
- Completion of the tenth grade; and
- Three or more years of experience as a skilled trades worker in two or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, painting, or other skilled trades.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies listed above.
- Incumbent must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License or capable of obtaining one within thirty days from the date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a seaport security background check and compliance for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Moderate – Occasionally lifts and carry up to 50 pounds.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Port Tampa Bay will require all new hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated before their employment can begin. Fully vaccinated is two full weeks after final vaccination shot.
Information provided will be subject to public inspection in accordance with the Florida Sunshine Law.
Port Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agencies Please