Job no: 528653
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business Administration/Management, Information Technology, Operations/Infrastructure, Computer and Information Science
Department: Campus Services / Finance & Administration Shared Services
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $61,000 - $71,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA07-Fiscal Year 2021-2022
Application Review Begins
January 17, 2022; Open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application, including an online application, a cover letter, and resume which detail how you meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications for the position.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) provides service within the VPFA (Vice President Finance & Administration) portfolio specific to four business functions: Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
The mission of the Shared Services Information Technology (IT) group focuses on customer service combined with technology and process competency. The services we provide include: IT strategy, business continuity, disaster recovery consultation, system/data backup/recovery, hardware lifecycle management/procurement, consultation for unit software/hardware needs, desktop support, system and software support, project management for software implementation and upgrades, decision support and reporting, communication with Information Services, liaison with other University service providers, and printing/printing contract management.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning, Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy, and the Office of Sustainability
• Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
• Transportation Services
• Printing and Mailing Services
FASS is a unit within the Campus Services group in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Its employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
Reporting to the FASS IT Business Analyst Supervisor, the Business Analyst will utilize Business Intelligence tools and techniques to develop, design, recommend and implement operational improvements to the practices and procedures of the units served by FASS. The position works directly with the Senior leadership of served units to ensure operational improvement recommendations are in line with strategic and operational priorities. Additionally, the Business Operations Analyst responds to and resolves end-user requests and issues plus participates in end-user support and training.
Keen attention to detail in analysis and validation plus strong organizational skills are critical, as is the ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level. The ideal candidate will need to have a deep understanding of business intelligence concepts and supporting technologies and have a sophisticated understanding of how to work with managers to achieve business goals. The incumbent will be able to comprehend and adhere to software development process standards aimed at repeatable, cross-team support and will be able to participate in system deployments using multiple instances (such as Development, Test, Training and Production).
Analysis of the business needs of supported units, with an understanding of those needs gained through communication with senior leadership. Design new processes and information delivery products according to business needs. Put those processes and products in the appropriate business context for Senior and Line-of-business managers.
Interactions/contacts occur daily with the other FASS team members, the campus community and external stakeholders while performing work. This position works in a collaborative environment both independently and as part of a team. To be successful, s/he will need to be flexible and adaptable with respect to learning and using new technologies and be highly self-motivated and able to take direction. Work is reviewed regularly by the Supervisor to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• One year’s experience analyzing financial data.
• One year’s of report development experience with large-scale transactional, enterprise applications (such as Banner, SAP, Oracle Apps, etc.).
• One year’s experience with high-level report development tools (such as Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.).
• One year’s experience with direct query languages and tools that utilize an SQL dialect.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Manage business process changes with the goal of optimizing organizational performance.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective networks for problem solving and positive change.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embracing continuous improvement.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to adapt to, learn, and use new technologies within a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeframe and budget.
• A deep understanding of business intelligence concepts and supporting technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in the field of Business Operations, Computer Science, Finance, or Information Systems.
• Experience with fund accounting.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner.
• Experience with writing IBM Cognos reports.
• Experience with tools used in software development such as source code control, issue tracking and automated testing tools.
• Experience with Tableau.
• Experience with Assetworks’ AiM Software.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.