CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced S&T Planner based in our St. Louis office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work under a Licensed Architect as a subject matter expert and planner on S&T projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Actively seek to further the state of the art within our industry and develop innovative solutions and responses as the needs of researchers evolve.
- Effectively collaborate with a project team to provide technical expertise in the programming and planning for projects.
- Participate in user group meetings to collect and refine program needs and assess space utilization.
- Communicate planning concepts to project teams and owners, verbally and through graphic and written reports and work effectively with architectural designers to optimize plans that further owners’ goals and objectives.
- Translate planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Contribute to the development, modification and/or review of laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Assist in development of architectural drawings and specifications to translate planning concepts into project documentation for construction.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services during the contract process.
- Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential clients.
- May provide guidance and advice to other designers and project leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or a related degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, with at least 2 years of previous experience performing as a subject matter expert on S&T projects.
- Licensure or registration in the United States preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, Microsoft Office and Bluebeam required.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.