Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Newark, NJUnited States
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Dental Mechanic III for the Department of Facility Administration within the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (RSDM). Under the direction of the Department of Facility Administration, the Dental Mechanic III carries out various technical work including the installation and routine preventative maintenance of dental equipment.
Among the duties of this position are the following:
- Assists in the layout of new equipment and with the removal or relocation of existing equipment as directed.
- Assists with minor repairs and renovation to building(s) to prepare for the installation of new or relocated dental equipment.
- Certifies that new equipment installed is operating to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Performs facility maintenance, such as, painting and patching wall surfaces, door and window frames, changing ceiling tiles, flooring repair, picture hanging, moving furniture, etc.
- Becomes familiar with sketches, formal plans, specifications and schematic diagrams pertinent to the job.
- Graduate from a trade school or practical experience with some knowledge of electrical or plumbing concepts.
- Minimum of two (2) years craft experience.
- Some experience with dental equipment a plus.
Apply online: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/153981