Job no: 529527
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support
Department: Campus Services / Transportation Services
Classification: Office Specialist 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $15.21 - $20.12 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes on June 6th, 2022
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application, including an online application, which addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, and three professional references.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application through the UO Career page: https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529527/office-specialist-1
Established in 2012, the Department of Transportation's Services’ goal is to provide customer-oriented parking and sustainable transportation programs and services to students, employees, and visitors of the University of Oregon.
Transportation Services is an auxiliary unit that covers its expenses and operations through revenue generation, largely through permit sales, meter revenue, events, and citations. Transportation Services' annual budget is approximately $4 million. Transportation Services maintains more than 3,800 parking spaces on, or adjacent to, campus in more than 60 lots and two multi-level parking garages.
Transportation Services is a unit within the Campus Services group in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
This Office Specialist 1 provides general office support, performs cashiering and basic bookkeeping, and completes record and document processing and other business-related tasks in support of departmental operations. This position provides guidance and instruction to student employees. On a daily basis, this position uses independent judgment in the application of policies, regulations, and procedures to answer customer queries and solve customer issues. This position interacts with students, staff, faculty, the public, and campus partners via phone calls, emails, and walk-ins.
It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver's certification eligibility, which includes maintaining an Oregon driver’s license throughout employment in this position.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Completion of courses or training in Office Technology; OR
• One year of general clerical experience which included typing, word processing, or other generation of documents; OR
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Intermediate computer skills, with emphasis on MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Professional experience in a higher education sector.
• Experience in customer service.
• Experience in cashiering or cash handling.
• Familiarity with parking management software and hardware, such as EDC AIMS, T2, FlashParking, license plate recognition systems, smart meters, or similar.
• Familiarity with transportation systems and programs, such as bus transit, personal and shared-use mobility devices, shuttle systems, ridesharing, ride hailing, or similar.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.