Plans, analyzes, estimates and completes conceptual and detailed work products in support of the strategic efforts for facilities projects ensuring efficiency within designated budget. Serves as an ambassador of OFMD. Consults and communicates with WUSM departments regarding planning and project advancement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the strategic efforts through delivering detailed analysis for productivity and efficiency for projects as well as long-term estimates. Conducts needs assessments and offers solutions for efficiency.
- Supports and leads some project management initiatives, and ensure effective transition of space planning efforts to project implementation, supporting a successful project workflow.
- Provides development of detailed conceptual planning, programming and estimating as well as project transition (transition from planning to projects). Participates in planning for and supporting the development of information used in presentations and negotiations with business units. Remains consistent and aligned with WUSM Senior Administration directives and plans. This includes plans to maximize the use of space and productivity to meet WUSM Research, Teaching and Clinical needs.
- Participates in supporting complex scheduling planning projects, monitors work in progress and completes all documentation related to these efforts utilizing assigned technology, tools, process and templates.
- Consults with departments to qualify and quantify specifics related to planning. Serves as an ambassador of the department by promoting a positive image through courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Assists in the scope development for planning group and may include participation in RFQ's or services as well as for assigned studies and or planning projects. May participate and support the on-going initiatives for negotiations and contracting.
- Serves as an ambassador of the department by promoting a positive image through courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Estimates project cost, evaluates proposed modifications and changes as planning evolves offering recommendations and solutions for efficiency and favorability in expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Urban Planning or Engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil) or equivalent.
- Ten years of University or Medical School experience in a facilities organization is desired.
- Clinical planning experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Urban Planning or Engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil) or equivalent.
- Eight years of experience in physical planning.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.