Employer: Employer Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research
PIPE SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and coordinate all shop functions
- Coordinating preventative maintenance, special assist, work orders, and projects with FME staff, external contractors under the guidance of the Facility Manager
- Safety awareness and implementation of safety policies and procedures
- Assigning work to staff, and daily plans
- Inspecting work
- Preparing labor and material cost estimates
- Making recommendations to improve efficiency of operations
- Writing annual employee performance reviews
- Addressing disciplinary actions as needed
- Providing after hour support when needed 24/7 in person on-site or via telephone
- Performs other related duties and backs up Facility Manager and Facility Operations
- Work in a computerized management system (CMS) that tracks all work orders.
- Ability to inventory and track stock both shop and departmental, order and distribute supplies when needed
- Schedule and coordinate outside contractors and vendors
- Ability to exercise responsibility in the care of tools and vehicles assigned to shops.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Experience with OSHA standards and contemporary safety practices
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- Master Plumber License, current in Maryland.
- Experience with water & sanitary systems, steam, bulk compressed gas and distribution systems, sprinkler systems, reverse osmosis systems, and backflow prevention devices.
- Four to six (4-6) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of commercial/industrial steam, water and sewer system
- One to two (1-2) years in supervisory capacity.
- Ability to read and interpret, instructions, blueprints, and work orders.
- Must have the ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; climb stairs and ladders; work involves bending, stooping and working in confined areas; potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid State Driver’s License issued by the state in which the incumbent/candidate resides for each class of vehicle to be operated on company business.
- Must have no more than 3 demerit points in the previous twelve (12) months or five (5) demerit points in the preceding thirty-six (36) months as determined by the Leidos Biomed Use of Government Owned or Leased Vehicles Policy (internal applicants only).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- This position may require continuous or intermittent exposure to and exertion in environmental conditions such as working outdoors, temperature extremes, humidity extremes. etc. as part of the job.