The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering has announced the 2021 Facility of the Year Awards category winners. The awards include:
- Facility Integration: Takeda Pharmaceuticals' P2 facility in Grange Castle, Ireland.
- Operational Excellence: ElevateBio's BaseCamp project in Waltham, Mass.
- Project Execution: Janssen Pharmaceuticals' BioCork2 center in Ringaskiddy, Ireland.
- Process Intelligence and Innovation: Takeda Pharmaceuticals' F36 production plant in Hikari, Japan.
- Social Impact: The Government Pharmaceutical Organization's vaccine manufacturing facility in Saraburi Province, Thailand.
- Special Recognition for Operational Agility and COVID-19 Impact:
- Gilead Sciences' Center for Innovative Drug Research in Foster City, Calif.
- Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing's Large-Scale Fill-Finish Facility in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Honorable mentions were awarded to:
- Biocon Biologics' B3 manufacturing project in Bangalore, India.
- Locus Biosciences' commercial phage production facility in Morrisville, N.C.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Perelman Center for Cellular and Molecular Therapeutics.
For more information, visit ISPE.