Arizona State University Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 7 (ISTB 7) and Biodesign C
Sunday, November 7th
Check-in at tour desk in hotel lobby at 12:15pm; Departs promptly at 12:30pm; Returns to the hotel by 5:00pm
Arizona State University Biodesign C
Biodesign C, the third building recently completed at ASU’s Biodesign complex, is a 191,000-square-foot structure that includes 70,000 square feet of state-of-the-art flexible laboratory space, office, and support space designed specifically around research clusters. The facility is intended to boost researcher recruitment and support collaboration among over 400 researchers and staff, and it provides high-quality wet lab space for chemistry, engineering, and the biological sciences for research programs from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, and the Biodesign Institute. There is also high bay space and specialized laser labs included the Biodesign CXFEL laser lab in the basement. Biodesign opened its doors in the spring of 2018.
Arizona State University Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 7 (ISTB 7)
Currently in the late stages of construction, the approximately 250,000 gross-square-foot Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 7 serves as a new gateway to the Tempe campus. The high-performance research facility fosters an interdisciplinary approach to leading-edge research, including the Center for Negative Carbon Emission, Lightworks, Center for Global Discovery and Conservation. In addition to public outreach spaces, ISTB7 will house Global Futures Laboratory, the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, the School of Sustainability, and the Institute of Human Origins. The building includes classrooms and a conference center, labs for biological sciences, life sciences, computing, and engineering sciences. This is a late-stage construction tour and long pants and closed-toe shoes will be required. Safety gear including hard hats and safety glasses will be provided.
Wednesday, November 10th
Check-in at tour desk in hotel lobby at 8:15am; Departs promptly at 8:30am; Bus continues on to drop at airport terminals by Noon; Returns to the hotel by 1:00pm
850 PBC is a 227,000 square-foot research laboratory and office building designed to expand Arizona State University’s research footprint in downtown Phoenix and facilitate growth of the private sector in bioscience and health technology on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus. Designed to integrate research, entrepreneurial activity, and corporate engagement, the building offers opportunities for meaningful collaboration with the building tenants and community. The LEED Gold certified building houses life science research labs, offices and community spaces, including a restaurant and a workforce development center operated by Maricopa Community Colleges that is open to the general public.
IMPORTANT TOUR NOTES:
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE (SEE REGISTRATION FORM) AND HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM TRADELINE IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE TOUR.
- Site tour attendance is limited. Space on the site tours will be filled on a first-registered, first-served basis.
- No more than 5 people per organization will be confirmed on a tour.
- Failure to check-in at the tour desk in the lobby 15 mins. prior to departure time may result in your seat being forfeited to those on the stand-by list.
- All tour participants must arrive at the site on the tour bus with the tour group. For security reasons, no one may meet the group at the tour site.
- A $50 bus transportation fee will be charged to your registration fee. This fee is non-refundable for cancellations made within two weeks of the tour date.