Fundamentals of Planning and Design of University Science and Engineering Facilities
Submitted comments from past participants:
- This was the best continuing education course I have ever attended. Wow.
- Definitely will recommend.
- GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!
- I can’t think of a better way to comprehensively cover so much material in one day without breaking it down to specialty courses. This has been extremely useful for my purposes.
- Fabulous presentation.
- Great content. Managed to distill large topics into digestible segments. Thanks!
- Obviously all four presenters are knowledgeable professionals. They presented and explained excellent information in an excellent format. Thank you all for this session!
- Awesome job! All questions repeated. Panel all EXPERTS in their fields!
- All the presenters were excellent! Course provided valuable information. Nothing to tweak. Breaks were adequate, room was perfect, good sound, screen, room layout all well done! Thank you.
- Comprehensive, useful for people at a variety of levels of understanding and for those with a variety of backgrounds (project managers, academic senior leadership, engineers, etc.).
- Excellent take away info.
- Great work in repeating the questions/comments from the floor. Very helpful!!
- I was concerned that the course would be over my head but found it very useful – I learned a lot!
- Enjoyed the seminar! Could have easily been expanded to two days.
- Thank you! Learned a lot!
- Good learning workshop with touch points on new trends of shared facilities combined with learning and collaborative spaces.
- Very applicable information to a major renovation now going through. Thank you.
- Excellent! Will recommend.
- Really great course.
- Wonderful course, many critical take-aways for me personally, and great knowledge across the entire building system.
- Very well done.
- Great comprehensive overview. Thanks.
- Informative and interesting.
- Very well done!
- Good discussion and interaction.
- All lecturers were well spoken, knowledgeable, and very personable.
- Great day of info, kept it fresh and moving. Did great with info for a WIDE range of people in the class.
- Excellent basic knowledge for designing a lab in a short class.
- Excellent trainers.
- Thank you, very helpful and informative.
- Training was very informative and a great refresher for the program process.
- This was an excellent course – well communicated, knowledgeable speakers, great handout book – good use of time. Thank you!
- Very well balanced for the attendees. Great dialogue between speakers and audience.
- All the presenters did a great job.
- Excellent presentation. Knowledgeable and even entertaining. Thanks!
- GREAT DISCUSSION!
- Very worthwhile day long program that served as a solid refresher for me and which I can share with my coworkers.
What you will learn: This course covers the basic elements of planning and design of labs and facilities for teaching and research – upfront planning and programming, teaching lab designs, active learning space designs, informal learning space designs, research lab designs, building design, and planning for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and lighting systems components. Participants will come away with a basic understanding of the terminology, concepts, processes, standards, numbers, and types of labs, scientific equipment, and furniture (as applicable) involved in teaching and research facility planning and design. The course also serves as primer for the two-day conference that follows and will be highly interactive with Q&A throughout.
Who should attend: This one-day course is open to all who have interest in lab planning and design: project managers, facility planners and managers, lab managers, architects, engineers, construction engineers, faculty, researchers, and scientists employed at colleges and universities, and A/E/C firms.
Space is limited and enrollment is subject to approval.
$1,190 Fundamentals Course only
$1,050 with registration to two-day conference immediately following
(Fees include course materials, continental breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunch)Sunday, October 9, 2022 - 8:00am-4:30pm