Check-in at hotel tour desk in lobby at 8:15 a.m.; Departs hotel promptly at 8:30 a.m.; Bus continues on to drop off at airport terminals by Noon; Returns to hotel by 1:00 p.m.
UTSA Science and Engineering Building (SEB)
The new Science and Engineering Building at the University of Texas at San Antonio is the first building in a new quadrangle identified on the university’s master plan. The $95 million, 160,349 square-foot structure provides much-needed instructional laboratories, cutting-edge research laboratories, new classrooms, and an expansive collaboration space for UTSA’s academic and research programs in brain health, chemical engineering, computer and electrical engineering, biology, and chemistry. The building was designed with multidisciplinary collaboration and experiential learning in mind and will serve as a hub for students with science, engineering, and technology interests.
UTSA Large Scale Testing Laboratory
The Large-Scale Testing Laboratory was built to serve students and researchers in UTSA's Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The building is a 50-foot-tall steel facility that provides a space where civil engineering students can build and test structural systems, including concrete beams, in a large and realistic setting. The 15,000-sf facility supports a wide array of research initiatives, including robust support for geotechnical and structural engineering projects such as bridge and building components and new materials needed for increasingly complex construction projects. The facility is complemented with support areas for fabrication and instrumentation of specimens, offices for students, faculty, and staff, and a conference room where visitors can observe tests as they are performed in the lab.
IMPORTANT TOUR NOTES:
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE (SEE REGISTRATION FORM) AND HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM TRADELINE IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE TOUR.
- Site tour attendance is limited. Space on the site tours will be filled on a first-registered, first-served basis.
- No more than 5 people per organization will be confirmed on a tour.
- Failure to check-in at the tour desk in the lobby 15 mins. prior to departure time may result in your seat being forfeited to those on the stand-by list.
- All tour participants must arrive at the site on the tour bus with the tour group. For security reasons, no one may meet the group at the tour site.
- A $50 bus transportation fee will be charged to your registration fee. This fee is non-refundable for cancellations made within two weeks of the tour date.