Walton Center for Planetary Health, Arizona State University
Check-in at hotel tour desk in lobby at 8:45 a.m.; Departs hotel promptly at 9:00 a.m.; Bus continues on to drop off at airport terminals by 12:15pm; Returns to hotel by 1:15pm
The approximately 281,000 gross-square-foot Interdisciplinary Rob and Melani Walton Center for Planetary Health serves as a new gateway to the Tempe campus. The high-performance research facility fosters an interdisciplinary approach to leading-edge research, including innovative endeavors focusing on the sustainability of food, water and energy including the Center for Negative Carbon Emission, and Center for Global Discovery and Conservation. In addition to public outreach spaces, the Walton Center houses the Global Futures Laboratory, the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, the School of Sustainability, and the Institute of Human Origins. The building includes classrooms and a conference center, and labs for biological sciences, robotics, life sciences, cyber security, computing, and engineering design and fabrication.
IMPORTANT TOUR NOTES:
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE (SEE REGISTRATION FORM) AND HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM TRADELINE IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE TOUR.
- Site tour attendance is limited. Space on the site tours will be filled on a first-registered, first-served basis.
- No more than 5 people per organization will be confirmed on a tour.
- Failure to check-in at the tour desk in the lobby 15 mins. prior to departure time may result in your seat being forfeited to those on the stand-by list.
- All tour participants must arrive at the site on the tour bus with the tour group. For security reasons, no one may meet the group at the tour site.
- A $50 bus transportation fee will be charged to your registration fee. This fee is non-refundable for cancellations made within two weeks of the tour date.