North Bethesda, Md.
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering has announced the winners of the 2019 Facility of the Year Awards.
- Celgene International II received the Sustainability award for The Green Fairy Project (La Fée Verte) in Couvet, Switzerland.
- Eli Lilly and Company received the Process Innovation award for its IE2 small volume continuous facility located in Kinsale, Ireland.
- Janssen Cilag SpA received the Equipment Innovation award for its Dosepak system in Latina, Italy.
- Moderna received the Facility of the Future award for its new cGMP clinical manufacturing facility in Norwood, Mass.
- Kantonsapotheke Zürich received the Operational Excellence award for Canton Zürich Hospitals’ new compounding pharmacy in Schlieren, Switzerland.
- Pfizer received both the Facility Integration and Project Execution awards for the Global Biotechnology Center in Hangzhou, China.
- AveXis received an honorable mention for its next-generation manufacturing facility in Chicago.
- Takeda (formerly Shire) received an honorable mention for its manufacturing facility in Social Circle, Ga.