Industrial gas manufacturer Air Products is constructing its $400 million global headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pa. Accommodating over 2,000 employees, the complex will provide a 525,000-sf administrative building, a world-class R&D center, and an enclosed parking structure.
- Academic Workplace Evolution: How Universities Are Rethinking Spaces for Faculty and Staff
- Using Data-Driven Design to Produce Research-Supported, Customized Client Solutions
- Five Space Planning Principles to Avoid the Inefficiencies of Research Program Turnover
- University of Michigan/Ford Robotics Building Designed for Research and Recruitment
- Designing Academic Research Facilities for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Combining Research, Medicine, and Athletics to Create New Translational Models
- LAB2050: Imagining the Lab of the Half Century
- First Engineering-Based Medical School Integrates Disciplines with an Eye to the Future
- Adding Manufacturing to a Pharmaceutical Research Lab
- Designing Diverse Learning Environments and Maker Spaces
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies will begin construction in March of 2020 on the $55 million Gene Therapy Innovation Center in College Station, Texas.
Unilever opened the Foods Innovation Centre in December of 2019. Located on the campus of Wageningen University in the Netherlands, the $94 million Hive facility offers collaborative research and development facilities for the creation of sustainable food products.
HALIX opened a 72,000-sf biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing center in November of 2019 at Leiden Bio Science Park in the Netherlands. The five-story structure provides BSL-2 cleanrooms with unidirectional process flows that can easily be upgraded to BSL-3 as needed.
Thermo Fisher Scientific opened a $90 million viral vector facility in December of 2019 in Lexington, Mass.
AZI is constructing an 85,000-sf isoptope production and research facility in Bunker Hill, Ind. The $44.5 million project includes the expansion of a 55,000-sf shell building by 30,000 sf to accommodate a 280,000-pound 70MeV cyclotron.
Amazon is planning to construct a $40 million robotics innovation hub in Westborough, Mass.
WuXi Biologics is planning to expand its pharmaceutical manufacturing campus in Dundalk, Ireland. A three-story, 167,000-sf vaccine production plant will leverage single-use technologies and processes to optimize efficiency and scalability.
Great Ormond Street Hospital opened the £42 million Zayed Centre for Research into Rare Disease in Children in October of 2019 in London.