Merck KGaA broke ground in early 2020 on the $275 Biotech Development Center in Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland.
Eli Lilly and Company opened the 11,500-sf Lilly Life Sciences Studio in San Diego in January of 2020.
VEGA, a global manufacturer of process measurement technologies, will begin construction in early 2020 on a $50 million headquarters complex in Mason, Ohio.
Eli Lilly & Company is planning to build a $474 million pharmaceutical manufacturing center in Durham, N.C. Located in Research Triangle Park, the next-generation facility will produce injectable therapeutics and delivery devices for conditions such as Type 2 diabetes.
Aerospace manufacturer Blue Origin opened its new headquarters and research facility in January of 2020 in Kent, Wash.
Siemens Mobility Limited is planning to build a rail innovation campus in Goole in the United Kingdom.
Industrial gas manufacturer Air Products is constructing its $400 million global headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pa. Accommodating over 2,000 employees, the complex will provide a 525,000-sf administrative building, a world-class R&D center, and an enclosed parking structure.
- Academic Workplace Evolution: How Universities Are Rethinking Spaces for Faculty and Staff
- Using Data-Driven Design to Produce Research-Supported, Customized Client Solutions
- Five Space Planning Principles to Avoid the Inefficiencies of Research Program Turnover
- University of Michigan/Ford Robotics Building Designed for Research and Recruitment
- Designing Academic Research Facilities for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Combining Research, Medicine, and Athletics to Create New Translational Models
- LAB2050: Imagining the Lab of the Half Century
- First Engineering-Based Medical School Integrates Disciplines with an Eye to the Future
- Adding Manufacturing to a Pharmaceutical Research Lab
- Designing Diverse Learning Environments and Maker Spaces
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies will begin construction in March of 2020 on the $55 million Gene Therapy Innovation Center in College Station, Texas.
Unilever opened the Foods Innovation Centre in December of 2019. Located on the campus of Wageningen University in the Netherlands, the $94 million Hive facility offers collaborative research and development facilities for the creation of sustainable food products.