VCU Health and Children’s Hospital of Richmond will begin construction in spring of 2019 on a $350 million inpatient pediatric hospital in Richmond, Va.
The National University of Singapore opened the six-story, 92,000-sf Net-Zero Energy Building in January of 2019.
- Bringing Real-time Interactivity to Campus Master Planning
- Making an Old Science Building Relevant Again
- Scientific Workplace Promotes Collaboration and Innovation
- Massachusetts General Hospital’s New Methods and Metrics for Measuring Utilization of Research Space
- Merck’s New Research Buildings Respond to Disruptive Technology, Changing Social Norms
- Caltech’s New CAST Facility Simulates Testing Environments for Drones, Robots, and Satellites
- Five Key Design Elements of Successful STEM Facilities
- Novartis' Activity-Based Work Environments Have Broad Appeal
- Well Buildings for Occupant Well Being
- OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Offers Team Science Approach to Early Detection Research
Collin College is building a 339,000-sf campus in Wylie, Texas.
Mayo Clinic is planning a $648 million expansion of its Phoenix medical facilities. The Arizona Forward Project will add 1.4 million square feet to the existing 1.7 million-sf campus, increasing the number of inpatient beds from 280 to 374.
At the University of Minnesota, a renovation/construction project to add science space required detailed integration with the campus district plan, as well as preservation of historic features. The result was enhanced physical connectivity on campus, a careful blending of older and new construction, and improved energy performance. Tate Hall is one of 260 structures on the main Twin Cities campus, which is so large that planners have divided it into districts for planning purposes. The urban campus straddles the Mississippi River, and Tate, a horseshoe-shaped building first constructed in 1926, sat largely empty, as most of the physics department had recently moved to a new research building.
NASA Glenn Research Center will begin construction in fall of 2018 on the Research Support Building in Cleveland.
Boeing will lease approximately 100,000 sf of research space to house the Aerospace and Autonomy Center in Cambridge, Mass.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is planning to break ground in November of 2018 on a $134 million student housing and dining complex.
16 Tech Community Corporation will break ground in fall of 2018 on the $30 million Advanced Research and Innovation Facility in Indianapolis.